Hey lovely readers!
Today’s post is a favorite list! Sharing my top 10 favorite book quotes with you lovelies! Let me know if you love the books I quoted or what your favorite book quotes are! Okay let’s get started! These aren’t in any particular order 🙂
1. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
― Emily Brontë,
So this quote is probably my favorite book quote of all time. To me it perfectly describes what true love feels like. It has weaved its way into my heart and every time I read it I think of my husband ❤
2. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
― J.K. Rowling,
This one is just perfect. I mean words are what make books and I love books more than anything ❤ Words have so much power.
3. “The world isn’t always what’s right in front of you, you know? It’s below, it’s above, it’s out there somewhere. Every burn of every light inside every house I see when I look down from the rooftop has a story. Sometimes we just need to change our perspective. And when I look down at everything, I remember that there’s more out there than just what’s going on in my house—the bullshit with my dad, school, my future. I look at all those full houses, and I remember, I’m just one of many. It’s not to say we’re not special or important, but it’s comforting, I guess. You don’t feel so alone.”
― Penelope Douglas,
Seriously guys this book. I really can’t express how much I loved this book.It has become one of my favorite books of all time. The way it depicts people and the way they feel is truly beautiful. It makes you realize that we all have ugly thoughts and feelings sometimes and that’s okay as long as we’re good at heart.
4. “I can’t give you much, or anything at all. But when I say those words to you, it won’t just be words—It will be me giving you something that means something. And you deserve to know that, to feel that. So please, let me be the first to say it—because I need to be able to at least give you that…and when I do—those three words will be yours, forever. And so will I.”
― Jay McLean,
You guys know if you follow me on Twitter that this is probably my all time favorite book. I love this series it’s amazing and this book is truly the best. Logan touched my heart. He is just everything. And this is just so beautiful. The way he loves Amanda is wonderful.
5. “No, you will listen. For once, you’re going to hear something that doesn’t fit into your neat, compartmentalized world of order and logic and reason. Because this isn’t reasonable. If you’re terrified, believe me–this scares the hell out of me, too. You asked about Rose? I tried to be a better person for her–but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because…well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like…like light made into flesh. I said it on Halloween and meant every word: you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth. And you don’t even know it. You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”
― Richelle Mead,
My Adrian! I love him so hard. He and Sydney are perfect, they build each other up so much. There love is the truest ever depicted in a book. Ugh please read this series ❤
6. “There are two kinds of anger: hot and cold. Boys and girls experience both, but as they grow up the anger separates according to the sex. Boys need hot anger to survive. They need inclination to fight, the drive to sink the knife into the flesh, the energy and initiative of fury. It’s a requirement of hunting, of defense, of pride. Maybe of sex too. And girls need cold anger. They need the cold simmer, the ceaseless grudge, the talent to avoid forgiveness, the sidestepping of compromise. They need to know when they say something that they will never back down, ever, ever. It’s the compensation for a more limited scope in the world. Cross a man and you struggle, one of you wins, you would adjust and go on — or you lie there dead. Cross a woman and the universe is changed, once again, for cold anger requires an eternal vigilance in all matters of slight and offense.”
― Gregory Maguire,
Genius, just pure genius. This is so true and accurate and a bit harsh, but I love it. This book is so good and Wicked is my favorite musical ❤
7. Some people never find the right kind of love you know, the kind that steals your breath away. Like diving into a snowmelt. The kind that jolts your heart, sets it beating apace. An anxious hiccuping of hummingbirds wings. The kind that makes every terrible minute apart feel like hours. Days. Years. Some people flit from one insane possibility to the next. Never experiencing the connection of two people rocked by destiny. Never knowing what it means to love someone else,
more than themselves. More than life itself, or the promise of something better. Beyond this world. More even (forgive me!) than god. Lucky me, I found the right kind of love.
With the wrong person.”
― Ellen Hopkins,
I love Ellen Hopkins so much. I own every single one of her books and it was so hard to pick just one quote. But I had to pick this one. It speaks to my soul. If you like poetry you should definitely try hers. They deal with immensely tough and gritty subjects. But they are so needed. They make you feel like you’re not alone, because we all go through shitty things. They’re amazing.
8. “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”
Best and most beautiful quote from the entire book. I just love it.
9. “All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen.”
― Roald Dahl,
I mean this is me. Reading literally saved my life. Discovering books is the best thing that ever happened to. Truly I’ve always felt so far removed from my family and friends. Like they don’t truly get me. But books, books made me see all the possibilities in the world ❤
10. “To the girl
who reads by flashlight
who sees dragons in the clouds
who feels most alive in worlds that never were
who knows magic is real
This is for you”
― Meagan Spooner,
This one isn’t actually a quote from the story, it’s the dedication for the book. But I am in love with it. I literally cried when I read it. I felt like it was written just for me and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.
There you have it guys. My 10 favorite book quotes of all time. I hope you enjoyed this and that maybe it inspires you to read one of these books. Let me know some of your favorite book quotes!
Thanks for reading guys! Talk to you soon! ❤ Adrianna
*Covers and synopsis from Goodreads